Scootin' the Ohio River Scenic Byway

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

New SW Ohio Adventure Scooting Group Forming


For over 8 years I have been riding the back roads of southern Ohio on scooters.

Alone, just me and the breeze!

Not once did I ever experience seeing another scooter rider out on the back roads, just tooling along, stopping to eat or take photos, then blogging about it later or just telling the neighbors and family who likely rolled their eyes in amusement.

I have seen plenty of motorcycles, and most of them in a big, big hurry if they are "weekend warriors". Every once in a while I might run into a biker just out cruising the countryside, and those were the most contented souls on two wheels.

For me, this is how and why I ride: to get out into nature, to slow down my pace of life, to explore historical places and places of natural beauty, and to just experience the freedom of the ride.

Don't get me wrong-I also scoot to the grocery, to the library, to the coffee shop and so forth.

But the most joy I get out of riding a scooter is scooting the back roads out in the rural areas.

I call it "adventure scooting" and I wonder why more people don't do it more often.

It would be SO COOL to offer a group for like-minded riders to be able to connect with!

So that is what I am trying to offer. A way for us to connect.

This blog is one and I am planning to set up a Facebook page, group, and Meetup group.

Once I get those up and running I will post links here and then you can connect via Facebook and Meetup.com.

You can also follow this blog and sign up for membership.

I live in Clermont County near Eastgate but rides can happen anywhere that members want them to.

Ride reports with photos and text can be emailed to me and I will gladly post them here on this blog for all members to enjoy.

I have already posted some of mine from my scooting blog, "Ruckus Scooter Love", which is linked to the left.

I will also gladly link anyone's scooting-related blog, website, Meetup, or Facebook pages on this blog. Just email or post the link in comments.

Who knows? If only a few of us ride together occasionally and exchange phone numbers it could be an enrichening experience of scooter riding and fellowship!

No comments:

Post a Comment